Gmail, likewise its parent company Alphabet, always tries to provide its users with new features that make the experience of using its services more comfortable and pleasant. In particular, you may find a lot of interesting features in the Gmail Labs. In this section, you are able to turn certain features on, even though they are currently being tested. This means that, despite being able to turn the features on, that they may disappear or stop working any moment. So, be aware of this aspect. In order to get to know more, read the article below.
Gmail Labs offer the features that are currently under examination to its users
Step 1. Open your browser, go to the website of Google, and choose Gmail in the Google Apps (at the bottom).
Step 2. Then, pay your attention to the cogwheel (the button of settings looks so), located in the right-upper part of the page. Give it a click.
Step 3. In the opened menu, select “Settings.”
Step 4. Now, you will see the page of general settings. In the menu of settings (above), go to the “Labs.”
Step 5. After that, you appeared on the page of Gmail Labs. Here you can enable and disable any of the provided features. Once you have chosen what features you want to turn on, go to the bottom of the page and click on the “Save Changes” button. Likewise, you can disable the features.
Currently, Gmail offers such features in its Labs:
- Authentication icon for verified senders. If you turn this feature on, you will see an icon of a key each time you receive a letter from a verified sender (like Amazon or similar), which helps you to recognize emails from spammers.
- Auto-advance. This feature displayed another (the next one) conversation after you have muted, archived, or deleted a previous one.
- Canned Responses. With the help of this feature, you can make up a letter and place it near a compose form. So everytime you will have to make only several clicks in order to send a pre-set response.
- Custom keyboard shortcuts. This feature allows you to specify new keyboard shortcuts instead of the custom ones.
- Google Calender gadget. After having opted to turn it on, you will see a calendar in the left part of the page. There, you will also get to see the forthcoming events, various locations, and other details.
- Google Voice player in mail. This feature allows you to play your voicemails, stored in the Google Voice, from the email account.
- Mark as Read Button. With this feature, you will have only to give one click in order to read emails.
- Multiple Inboxes. This feature allows you to view and respond to several emails at once.
- Picasa previews in mail. This feature lets you see a photo preview anytime you get a letter with a link to Picasa.
- Preview Pane. This feature makes reading emails more comfortable by adding a pane for previewing to the right side of your conversations.
- Quick Links. With the help of this feature, you will get a box leftside where you can save important links from your emails and later easily access them.
- Quote selected text. This feature allows you to select the text and quote it when replying to someone.
- Right-side chat. Obviously, your chat box will be on the opposite side.
- After having turned it on, the emails will be automatically categorized as Forum messages, Notifications, or Bulk.
- Unread message icon. The number of unread messages will be displayed in the browser’s icon of the page.
Get a glimpse of the feature available in the Gmail Labs
Take advantage of all these features by starting to use Gmail. Here you can get to know how to sign up for it.