Hotmail, which is owned by Microsoft and had undergone the process of rebranding into Outlook.com, appears to be in the list of three most popular email service providers in the world. Its popularity is caused by a pretty solid system of security, simplicity of the interface, and abundance of various options that allow you to customize your account the way you wish. Even though it is a bit more complicated to sign up for Hotmail than for any of its counterparts, it is a worthy thing to do. Try it out by following the Hotmail Sign Up Guide, provided below.
This way looks the starting pàge of Microsoft´s MSN, where you have to choose Outlook.com (i.e. Hotmail)
Step 1. You should start the Hotmail sign up procedure by going to the website of MSN: http://msn.com/.
Step 2. Following it, select “Outlook.com” in the upper part of the screen.
Step 3. Now, you see the main page of Outlook. There, click on the blue text “Create one!” right beneath the blue “Sign in” button.
This is the registration form you have to fill in
Step 4. Then, you will see a page with the registration form opened up in front of you. This is the form where you have to specify the information about you. So, there you will see:
- First and Last Names. This name will be displayed to people, who will send letters to you or receive your ones.
- Username. This will be your email address, login and username at once.
- Password and Reenter password fields. Here, you should specify the password you wish, which, however, must be dependable enough and consist of both letters and numbers. By the way, pay attention to the fact that your password, unlike the username, is case sensitive. This means that if, for example, you have chosen the password “8HskZ475”, it must be always typed in this way and cannot be entered as “8hskz475.”
- Country/region. Specify your country.
- Birthdate. Here, you should provide Hotmail with the date of the date of your birth, and it must be real. It may appear especially useful when you will have the control over your account lost and you will need to regain it. In such a case, you may need to provide the support of Outlook with your date of birth.
- Gender. Either specify your gender, or you may leave it unspecified.
- Country code and phone number. In these two fields, you should select the code of your country and provide the email service with your phone number. Indeed, you are able to leave it blank, yet it may cause headache with the security of your account.
- Alternate email address. This address you should specify (for the sake of being able to recover your account) if you chose not to provide your phone number.
- The last thing is that you need to enter the CAPTCHA and remove (or not, this is up to you) a tick near “Send me promotional..” if you wish not to receive promos from Microsoft.
Step 5. Click on the large blue “Create account” button.
Step 6. Then, the system will start configuring your account, after which you will be offered to choose the language of the interface and the time zone of yours. Do it and click to proceed. In a matter of seconds, you will be able to use your new Hotmail account.
As you can judge, the procedure of Hotmail Sign Up is fairly simple and fast. Also, get to know how to sign in to Hotmail here.