If you use your Hotmail account every day, you may consider such its features as the birthday calendar and the reminders fairly useful. In such a case, you need to know how to deal with them and configure the settings the way that you will be satisfied with how the features work. In order to make this case easier for you, we have come up with this article that shows you how switch on and arrange these Hotmail features in a couple of minutes.
By going Options > Calendar, you are able to configure your reminders and birthday calender (including its looks)
Step 1. On your PC, open the browser and enter the website of MSN (http://msn.com/).
Step 2. Following it, click on “Outlook.com” in the set of MSN’s programs, which you will see in the upper part of the page.
Step 3. Log in to the system by using your email address and password.
Step 4. In the right-upper corner, you will see a set of four buttons. The third one is the button of “Settings”, so give it a click.
Step 5. You will see a pop-up menu, where you have to click on the “Options” button.
Step 6. There will be Hotmail’s menu of options on the left side, and you should navigate there further. Go to Calendar > Birthday calendar.
Step 7. On this page, place a tick near “Turn on the birthday calendar”. Then, click on the “Save” button.
Step 8. Now, let’s configure the calendar’s appearance. Go to Calendar > Calendar appearance. There, you will have to configure the following options:
- Show work week as. Here, you should select the weekdays that will be displayed as workdays. By default, the days between Monday and Friday (inclusive) are workdays.
- Set your working hours. In these boxes, you can specify the start and end time of your working hours.
- Timezone. This is the line that begins with “If you’re going to…”, and place a tick near it in order to make your working hours and the time zone to be aligned with each other.
- Show week numbers in Month view. Well, this feature is self-explanatory.
- Start the first week of the year on the… Here, you set where the first week of the year begins. By default, it is set as “First day of the year.” Yet, you can opt “First four-day week of the year” or “First full week of the year.”
- Show the first day of the week as. By default, it’s set as Sunday. You can specify whatever day you wish, yet.
- Show hours in. Here, specify whether it should be 15-minute increments or 30-minute ones (by default).
- Show calendar in. By default, your calendar is depicted in light, a kind of dull colors. You can make them bright by selecting “Bright colors.”
After you have configured the settings, click on “Save.”
Step 9. Now, let’s arrange the reminders. Go to Calendar > Reminders. There, you will see the following settings:
- Show reminder alerts. If you disable this feature, you will not receive alerts.
- Play a sound when a reminder is due. Unselect it, and you will get alerts but with no sound.
- Default reminder. Here, you can set a time of the default reminder: from 0 minutes up to 2 weeks.
- Get a daily email agenda for calendars and tasks.
- Don’t send an agenda on days when I have no events or tasks. Well, the last two Hotmail features are pretty obvious and self-explanatory. So choose whether you want to get daily agendas.
Once you are done with setting your account and enabling those Hotmail features, click on the “Save” button.