You may consider it not that important to fill in your profile in a photo sharing service, yet keep in mind that Instagram, after all, is a social network too. And your ability to make friends and attract followers is not in the least caused by the attractiveness of your Instagram profile. Indeed, you will not find a lot of sections and information to provide, the way it is on Facebook, yet you need to spend 5-10 minutes of your precious time on it. Here is a short guide of how to deal with editing your profile in Instagram. Enjoy!
A quite large “Edit Profile” button, placed next to your username, allows you to bring updates to your personal information
Step 1. In the first place, enter the website of Instagram by opening your browser and inserting the link http://instagram.com/ into its address line.
Step 2. Sign in to the social network. You may consider it useful to use this guide for the given purpose.
Step 3. Click on the profile page button, located in the right-upper part of the screen (the last button).
Step 4. On this page, you can start changing the information about yourself. Well, first let us see how to change the profile photo. Click on your profile photo, or the icon (if there has been no photo yet). You will see there the following options: “Remove Current Photo”, “Upload Photo”, and “Cancel.” Click on “Upload Photo”, specify its location on your PC or laptop, upload and save it.
This way looks the window of editing your profile; as you can see, there are only a few lines and you have to provide only the most important details about yourself
Step 5. Now, let’s proceed further to editing your profile. Click on “Edit Profile” button, located next to your username. You will see the page of settings, and exactly the one where you have to edit the profile (have a look at the second screenshot). So, let’s go:
- Name. Here you can change your name and surname.
- Username. The standard username other users see, and with the help of this username they find you in Instagram. You can change it easily and at any time.
- Website. Here, you can provide an URL that directs to your website. This should not necessarily be a website, but also may be an account in the social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- Bio. Here, you should write a short biography about yourself, i.e. who you are, where you work. If this page is created for business, specify in which market your company is operating.
- Email. This is not displayed to the other users. Yet, you can link your Instagram account to a new email address.
- Phone Number. This field is especially important if you want to be sure that your account can be always recovered, even if severely hacked. Type your mobile number in this line.
- Gender. Choose your gender.
- Similar Account Suggestions. If this feature is enabled, the other people will frequently see your Instagram profile as “recommended” for following.
Step 6. Now, you are done with editing your Instagram profile. Click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of this page.