Despite the widespread stereotypes, Tumblr is an incredible popular social network (which works rather like a microblogging platform), since it is able to boast over 320 million monthly users. No wonder that more and more people make up their mind and create accounts on this social network. After Yahoo had purchased Tumblr in 2013, it has become even easier to complete the Tumblr sign up process – especially, if you have a Yahoo account. Exactly, having a Yahoo account means that you will be able to set up a Tumblr account in a few clicks. However, you can easily sign up for this service, no matter what email service provider you are currently using. Just follow the guidelines, provided by us below, and you will get started on Tumblr in a couple of minutes.
Start the Tumblr sign up process by clicking on the “Get Started” or “Sign Up” button
- At first, you have to open your browser and copy the following URL into its address field: http://tumblr.com/. After that, hit the “Enter” button.
- Once you have entered the main webpage of Tumblr, find the “Sign In” or “Get Started” button. Any of those would be suitable. So once you have spotted any of those buttons, give a click right away.
As you can see from this image, you don’t have to give a lot of information about yourself to Tumblr
- Then, you will be redirected to the Tumblr sign up page. In fact, the sign up form at Tumblr is far easier and simpler than in many other social networks. All you have to do is to provide your email address, password for the future account at Tumblr, and date of birth. Also, you can specify the gender but that’s only if you want to do so (i.e. this field is optional). Once you are done with filling those fields, click on the “Continue” button.
After completing the simple Tumblr sign up form, you have to create a nice, appealing username for your microblog
- On the next page, the system will ask you to make up a name for your microblog. It is reasonable to suppose that the more appealing the name is, the more users of this social network will flow to your microblog.
- The last step in setting up your Tumblr account is specifying AT LEAST five of your hobbies. There can be no less than five, but, if you wish so, you can specify even more hobbies. After you have finished choosing your hobbies, click on the “Next” button, located in the right-upper corner.
Tumblr has made the sign up procedure the way that it ends by requiring you to specify at least five of your hobbies; this allows you and other users to find more relevant content
- Now, you are done with the procedure of Tumblr sign up. Start publishing your microblogging posts right now!